Thursday, July 8, 2010

Big things in small packages

I am all about compact things: compact make-up, compact phone (my BB is compact compared to the newer versions), compacts...in general, compact lipgloss (Payton's mom bought me three shades of mini lipgloss by Sephora - I take it with me everywhere) and compact laptop. I love carrying small, itty-bitty things, to keep my teeny arms from feeling like it's done 100 curls on the bus ride to downtown.

Greed - it's what turned this world into the blood sucking thing that it is, and pardon me - with all do respect, but I'd be arrogant to say I wasn't greedy when I now want an iPad. I already have a compact 11" laptop, but for some reason, the concept of this little pad that I can carry under my arm and decorate (according to Style Republic, Oscar de la Renta custom made 100 iPad clutches ... designer carry bags for an iPad?) has me screaming "I want one!!!" But first, I need the iPad. Style Republic also did a feature titled 'Technolo-Chic,' tips on fun and stylish products to keep your techno-gadgets looking sleek, on-the-go!

Now I'm pretty sure this lust will go away soon, but as for now (and for means of a blog post) here it is, the newest commodity the world of technology has to offer:


If for some reason I happen to pick one up, I couldn't possibly leave it bare, I made that mistake with my BB ... photo c/o Google Images

I think what makes me extremely excited about the thought of owning this is that I can carry it essentially everywhere! I can do last minute home work on the bus and as a soon-to-be editor of The Voice, I can stay up to date, efficiently and stylish-ly. I can get away with playing on apps and surfing the web instead of listening to my prof! Okay, I didn't mean the last one ... I always listen in class ... I swear. I'm sure just adding email and a data plan to my BB would suffice, but ... the iPad is just so pretty :) and I'm a sucker for pretty things.



iPad Clutch by: Oscar de la Renta $290, sometimes labels do matter. It also comes in white, marigold (yellow), and stone. photo c/o www.bagsnob.com



Compared to Oscar de la Renta's custom iPad 'envelope' this is priced at a thrifty $22 by Rogue Theory: iPad Techee, Yellow Wave | photo c/o www.etsy.com/shop/RogueTheory

No comments: