Thursday, June 3, 2010

Puny tangent on puny arms, my puny arms.

For the past couple of days I've taken the time to relax a little, seeing as I haven't been called to attend many events. So I've taken advantage of sleeping in, keeping my house nice and tidy and getting some groceries. Which brings me to yesterday when I decided to get groceries for the house, I was lacking breakfast and lunch meat so I got ready and headed out to the bus stop when I realized that my bus pass was only one zone and wasn't going to pay the extra $1.25 for three stops to get to Safeway.

So, I decided to take a cruise around the neighbourhood and get my groceries from the nearby deli, bakery and meat shop. NOTE: Never buy more than you carry. If you've seen my pin-sized arms and the lack of muscle they have you'll soon understand. Even if it was just a litre of milk, a package of 12 juice boxes, frozen vegetables, and some other pantry necessities, I actually thought my arms were going to fall off. Six bags and three blocks, I was perspiring like a fat man in leather on an average day in Mexico. Pity me no more, I made it home, in one piece - all my groceries still in tact.

No comments: