Thursday, June 3, 2010

Kid Cudi


I have been meaning to do a post on Kid Cudi. A newer face to the game, but widely popularized for his song Day N' Nite and most recently Pursuit of Happiness. If those are the only songs you've heard from Cudi, please take the time to sit back and listen to Man on the Moon, The Prayer and Soundtrack to My Life. it's well worth it.

I've become a huge fan of Cudi because he brings something different to the plate. The message he has to spread is something that so many people can relate to, it's not the typical rap scene, living in the projects, which yes lots of people can relate to, but on a different level, his music speaks with intelligence.

Like every artist I listen to, there is a downside to this kid, which, in my opinion, is huge, and that would be his entire album titled "Man on the Moon." Is there something I'm missing? I went out and bought the album, having already listened to some tracks (which I named above), is there a reason why the track which the album is named after is not on the actual album itself? I was pretty disappointed. I mean, I go out and expect this amazing album with all these songs that I found were quite transcending, and I play it ... and it falls very short of what I thought it would to be. It was like a remake of Kanye's 808 & Heartbreaks. I get it, it was produced by the same guys, but really? It was the offspring of 808 & Heartbreaks. I hated the placement of the songs, it started to sound like a lullaby. There were good tracks, but they were placed so widely apart from each other, I almost forgot I was even listening to Cudi. Well, this is all my opinion, I still respect Cudi as an artist, but not having the song 'Man on the Moon,' on the album: Man on the Moon, is like The Beatles not having HELP, on the album, HELP - it just didn't make sense.

No comments: