Thursday, June 3, 2010

Eminem's not afraid

So as of RIGHT NOW, my new favorite tune is Em's new track: Not Afraid. Here's an excerpt from the song, which I am disturbingly fascinated by
What you think, I'm doing this for me, so fuck the world
Feed it beans, it's gassed up, if a thing's stopping me
I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly
And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony


As a long time fan of Eminem, I give him great kudos fro coming out with, yet another, inspirational song. I am a bigger fan of Em when he's in his Marshall Mathers persona opposed to Slim. His raps are more fluid and his tone is way more appreciable. I have mad love for Em, since I was a teeny 13 year-old I was all over his music.

I was disappointed with his latest CD Relapse which to me was covered in mutilated lyrics and aggressive verses, but then again, it is Em we are talking about - you can't really expect much less. And yes I understand that his catastrophic lyrics are what draw the ear of those rebellious listeners, but I'm not a keener. `Sides when you put that album next to his previous ones, they come up short in terms of lack of retardedly-good rhymes and sick beats. Even Em admits it in 'Not Afraid'
And to the fans, I'll never let you down again, I'm back
I promise to never go back on that promise, in fact
Let's be honest, that last Relapse CD was "ehhhh"
Perhaps I ran them accents into the ground


Which is why I find this latest track more refreshing. An artist with mind boggling talent, and seemingly effortless moxie has come back with a comeback.

No comments: