Thursday, June 3, 2010

Heaven Scent

Do you ever get that feeling, after a familiar scent whiffs by, and you're taken back to a certain place in time? I always get that, sometimes scents remind me of elementary summer holidays, even my grade one classroom, or an old friend.

My mom's scent has to top all of them though. As a little girl I use to rummage through my mom's closet, makeup, even perfume. I use to take out her enormous eyeshadow pallet and apply all the pretty pinks and purples to my eyes and then sit in the middle of her closet and marvel at her leopard print fur jackets and red high heels. My mom was a creative fashionista. She didn't always carry high end designer labels, but she always looked like it. Chanel, Lanvin, Dolce and Gabanna and even Jean Patou were most commonly found in her perfume shelf (yes she had a whole shelf dedicated to her fragrances, but I think that's prevalent for a lady).
I did a little photoshoot with her most beloved perfumes on her vanity, with a little snapshot of the days when these scents were most covetable to myself
Red Door, Joy by Jean Patou, Chanel No. 5, Tresor by Lancome, Light Blue by Dolce and Gabanna


But the one that beats all of those is Red Door, because she always wore it.

Red Door's scent is feminine and musky. It's tantilizing and the aroma lingers leaving others asking what scent you're wearing.

A woman and her fragrance speaks volumes about who they are. Musky strong smells may emanate a woman in power, dainty and 'out of the shower' spray-ons may reflect a girl with poise and being carefree. Spicy, cinnamon scents may prowl on more sensual women.

I have run out of my go-to perfume bottles: Kat Von D's Saint, Clinique's Happy and every single one of my Victoria Secrets. So, I'm on a hunt for a new refreshing scent! Any suggestions? I was thinking Miracle by Lancome, what do you think?

No comments: