Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wherever it takes me


Refreshing day, however, this day went by incredibly fast. At Blenz on Granville and Broadway, blogging away - and then I get a text to attend JK Models One Year Anniversary at Leone, an invite I couldn't refuse.

I'm liking this, a lot.

After Blenz and a trip to Urban Brick I found myself shopping, at Urban Planet, I know. But really, it's like the feared knock-off store, no, it is the feared knock-off store. But my curiosity started to unravel after spotting the $5 sign with dresses attached to them. You see, I can't be too picky about where I shop. I have yet to reach the stage where my credit card holds no limits, at least limits that I have negotiated a comfort zone with. Therefore, I have to be creative with what I wear, how I wear them and particulary -- where they're from.
With my green tea & honey on Granville

After I ventured through racks and floors of clothes from floral skirts to asymmetric tanks that hang below the hips, I decided on a strapless mini black dress (the design imitated by FCUK for a price much more minisicule that that of the store). The quality is definitley lacking -- I thought the zipper was about to break just trying it on, but for a one-time wear when the paycheck is still en route to the bank account, I say 'why not.' But then I kept shopping, and didn't stop. I continued to buy a belt with a black flower clasp, a silver snake-hugging ring, a light lemon chiffon coloured headband with a massive flower pertruding on my head (I swear, it looks better than it sounds) and a black and salmon-pink scarf, for under 50 bones - to me, that's a deal.
If it's one thing my mom has embedded in my head: don't buy non-sale items (unless it's designer), why? because regular price is bound to be on the sale rack. Fashion evolves, my pockets however, don't.
That may be considered a major fashion faux-pas -- but I live in reality, where food and lights are essential. Of course I would love a Chanel 2.55 quilted bag to cling on to, but until then, long live my vintage hand-me-down Aldo bag with gold clasps that once belonged to mum.

Sincerely,
Kyla

No comments: